Even if you are a non-technical user, there are countless ways to build a website. Wix is one of the well-known website builders for all level users. This is the first interface I have tried to create an online store. From my experience, Wix is a beginner friendly website builder that makes it easy for the users to build websites quickly as it enables to drag and drop content wherever you want.
Wix offers a freemium(pricing strategy by which a service is provided free of charge, but money is charged for additional features) service for the users. Users have to go for premium packages in order to connect their sites to their own domains. That means Wix offers a leasing service for you instead of owning your own.
Wix’s premium plan offers:
- The ability to connect your own domain
- Remove Wix Ads
- Extra bandwidth and storage
The pricing starts from US $ 4.50 per month and it varies depends on the type of plan you have selected.
Steps to start a website using Wix
- Start your site by signing up to wix.com
- You can select the type of website you want to create.
3. When you click, create a new site, you will get two options: Create a site using- Wix ADI, or the Wix Editor
- With Artificial Design Intelligence(ADI), you have to answer a few questions and then wix automatically designs a unique site for you.
- With Editor, you can start from a template and drag and drop elements such as text boxes, shapes, images and videos into it. With Editor you will get more customization options than ADI.
4. With Wix Editor, you can select the website template from 100s of marvelously designed and categorized templates.You can see the full list of templates here:
5. Once you selected the template, you can edit and create your own website. You can personalize your site by adding elements such as text, images, and galleries.
6. You can add pages (Home, About, Accessories, Contact and so on) and can add whatever elements you want on your site. You can also: Add page information, change the layout, rename the page or if you don’t need a page just delete it.
7. Save your work regularly and preview your site anytime to see how it looks live. Once you are ready to publish your website, click publish in the corner and start enjoying your website.
Overall, Wix is an ideal platform for those who desire to design a website from a non-technical background. Without any coding experience, you can easily build a professional looking website at a free of cost using Wix. You can experience a dedicated customer support too. Now, what are you waiting for? “Get your website online today”- WixCREATE A FREE WEBSITE